The classic sailboat
The Southern Cross is a beautiful classic sailboat that dates back to 1962 and was built by the order of the English Royal Family. Its manufacture with exclusive materials and designs earned it the title of best ketch the same year of its construction.
During this time, it has been owned by such outstanding figures as Frank Sinatra, and is currently in Barcelona for luxury event rental. We are proud to have the Southern Cross as part of our fleet; this delight of sailing is a luxury you don’t want to miss.
She was awarded the Lloyd’s Register “yacht of the Year” Trophy for the best design & construction, in competition with other 86 yachts.
Features & specifications of the yacht
- Lenght:33,4 Meters. 110 Feet
- Beam: 7,1 Meters. 23,3 Feet
- Draft: 4,3 Meters. 14,1 Feet
- Number of Crew: 5
- Built: 1962
- Refit: 2007
- Builder: Yarrow & Co. Glasgow
- Naval Arquitect: Mc Pherson Campbell
- Flag: Spain
- Hull construction: Steel
- Number of cabins: 5
- Cabin configuration: Double
- Bed configuration: 5 double
- Number of guest: 10
- Flat screen TV in saloon and all cabins
- Engines: Main engines 2 x Gardner 813 , 230 Hp
- Generators: 2 x 40 kVA + 1 x 60 kVA
- Fuel: 12700 litres (about 1500 milles)
- Water: 8000 litres + watermaker
- Cruising speed: 7,5 knots
- Fuel compsumption: 50 litres/hour
- Semi-rigid tender 115 hp
- Semi-rigid tender 25 hp
- 3 seater wave runner Geadoo GTI
- Snorkeling equipment, 2 kayaks, donnut, fishing gear
Daily cruises departing from Barcelona Downtown. Food and drink is included in public trips and duration is about 2 hours
Personalize your tour for your event on a classic sailboat with capacity for up to 65 guests in Barcelona.
The Southern Cross, built-in 1962, has 35 meters in length and the 7-meter beam and is one of the largest sailboats that are currently for rent in Barcelona & Ibiza.